Posted on: November 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer. The Quality
Assurance Engineer provides quality expertise for internal and
external customers. Facilitates corrective action activities from
initial identification through closure to prevent recurrence.
Communicates directly with the customer and supplier base and
manages corresponding portals to ensure proper and prompt
responses. Drives continuous improvement activities and capital
investment projects for the quality.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear
from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and
then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring
Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly,
and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Responsible for ensuring a quality product is being produced by
the plant that meets and/or exceeds customer requirements and
- Responsible for working safely, adhering to the facility's
environmental, health and safety policies and procedures to avoid
injury to themselves and others. Comply with legal and other
- Monitors the work environment to identify and communicate to
supervisor / manager current or potential environmental, health or
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe
environment by identifying and reporting potential emergency
situations to the supervisor/ manager.
- Completes all safety layer processed audits and mitigates
potential issues on-time.
- Provides problem resolution leadership regarding internal and
external product performance and conformance to the specified
- Coordinates and facilitates cross-functional problem resolution
teams to determine root cause (utilizing core tools - 5-why,
fishbone, Is / Is Not, etc), implements corrective action measures
and verifies the effectiveness to prevent problem reoccurrence and
ensure timely closure.
- Communicates customer concerns throughout the organization
including the use of quality alerts in the area of generation.
- Manages and completes all steps of the corrective action
process and formalizes the corresponding required documentation and
- Leads customer communication regarding external customer and
supplier related concerns associated with their assigned value
- Monitors and updates customer related portals with required
actions and responses related to customer concerns and customer
specific requirements. Customer Specific training requirements can
be located on Customer Portals.
- Provides detailed reports and presentations by evaluating and
analyzing returned material from the customer and determines the
potential failure modes and corrective actions.
- Presents information, documentation and requirements to
internal and external audiences.
- Updates and presents daily performance data (customer concerns,
scrap, internal failures, OAE, etc.) during Tier 2 meetings.
- Prepares and communicates recommended nonconformance
dispositions during the Tier 3 meetings. Acts as a back-up
facilitator of the Tier 3 meeting in absence of the quality
- Manages the nonconformance suspected product for the value
stream to ensure material is dispositioned correctly and in a
- Initiates corrective action for significant internal quality
concerns and failures.
- Identifies and drives continuous improvement opportunities in
relation to the assigned value stream product, product
characteristics, manufacturing processes and quality performance
- Implements capital projects associated with the quality
assurance department and value stream.
- Communicates and coordinates the PPAP approval process with new
suppliers and/or supplier change requests that support their
assigned value stream.
- Facilitates problem resolution and corrective action with
suppliers of service for the value stream.
- Supports the APQP process for new/existing programs and
- Confers with program planning and design engineering to ensure
- Reads, evaluates and interprets blueprints, drawing
specifications and customer specific requirements to develop
methods of inspection and to establish frequency of inspection for
incoming, in-process and final product.
- Reviews and updates PFMEAs for potential failure modes and
assesses associated risks.
- Reviews Control plans for process and inspection
- Provides training to personnel in quality and production team
members on measurement equipment, tools and procedures.
- Develops and maintains related work instructions and
- Utilizes statistical methods and quality related tools during
product evaluation and analysis.
- Extracts and utilizes the data from the data collection system
in determining the quality status and appropriate
- Evaluates data to determine process capability and
corresponding next steps.
- Provide backup support to others in the Quality Department
(e.g. Quality Supervisor, Quality Engineers and Quality
- Develop presentations used in various settings and meetings
including, but not limited to, customer visits, All Employee
Meetings, Quality Toolbox and new hire orientation.
- Complete required layered process audits, process audits and
product audits on time.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Attendance is required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associates degree from a college or technical school;
and/or five years related experience .
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Five years related experience and/or training in a quality
system. IATF 16949, ISO 9001 or VDA 6.3 Internal Auditor
Certification, Certified Quality Engineer or equivalent is
- Metallurgical degree and experience in a powder metal
manufacturing setting is preferred, but not essential. Knowledge in
sintering, heat treating powder metal materials and powder metal
processing is a bonus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!