Lead, Manufacturing Engineer - Automation
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: February 9, 2024
- Lead manufacturing engineering activities across multiple
plants specific to one product line
- To assist in day-to-day Manufacturing Engineering project
- Including identifying, prioritizing, work assignments,
communication and follow-up on projects that is within the teams'
scope of responsibility
- To develop and mentor Manufacturing Engineers for future
- Provides work direction to direct reports (engineers or
technicians) in the plant. Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to the Manufacturing Engineering team by
supporting new product introduction and continuous improvement
- Key participant in the dFMEA, pFMEA, and Critical to Quality
processes assuring specifications are well defined and
- Interface with cross functional team to establish manufacturing
strategies, processes, and equipment
- Assure production requirements are achieved for all processes,
equipment, and material specifications, supplier selection, and
- Lead initiatives to reduce the finished goods cost by working
with CM partners and supply base to improve efficiencies in
component/sub-assembly procurement and MFG processes
- Serve as an Expert Advance Manufacturing Engineer in a highly
cross-functional environment with engineering, manufacturing,
sourcing, product management and suppliers to optimize cost
competitiveness and manufacturability
- Interface with cross functional team and participate in design
reviews and project conversations
- Document technical data generated by the assigned projects
consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Supporting the Engineering Commodity Leaders, Global Commodity
Managers and Suppliers with problem solving, continuous
improvement, and the capability acquisition process
- Define cell capital expense (CAPEX) and operational expense
(OPEX) needs and manage budget
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose
different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance.
Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve
straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic
thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal
sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Is an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills.
Provides informal guidance to new team members.
- Participates regularly in Lean Kaizen events to support the
- Provide technical mentorship to team members
- Track and report out all ME projects in or affecting area of
- Check that all projects documentation is completed - i.e.
charters, schedule, budget, dwgs, etc
- Delegate tasks to team members - Individual projects, Team
projects and Tasks
- Arrange and participate in design reviews of all projects in
area of responsibility
- Assist with training and development Required Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or related
- Experience: 5+ years required in an engineering function
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working within budgets and timelines
- Possess the ability to creatively express abstract
- Proficient in MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to grasp concepts of form, fit, and function.
- Use and have a basic understanding of personal computers.
- Basics of mechanical and/or electrical drafting practices.
- Basics of computer aided design and drafting; SolidWorks
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing materials and cost
- Project management skills, shows ability to lead direct reports
(Engineers) and lead without authority
- Experience in T&D and maintenance a plus. Knowledge and
competency in Tool & Die and maintenance crafts. Desired
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Established project management skills.
- Experience with product family ownership
- Experience with new product introduction and process
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing
principles and tools
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering specifications
- Demonstrated leader and respectful team player
- Hands-on experience with implementing projects and sustaining
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities and deliver
timely actions Disclaimer: The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees within this classification. It
is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of employees assigned to this job.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Fond du Lac , Lead, Manufacturing Engineer - Automation, Engineering , Burnett, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!