Posted on: November 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are looking for a HR Manager for our Waupun, WI manufacturing
facility. The HR Manager plans and carries out policies relating to
all phases of human resources activity by performing the following
duties personally or through subordinate employees.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear
from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and
then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring
Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly,
and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Directly supervises HR, EH&S Coordinator, HR
Representatives and Training Coordinator in their functions.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- The HR Manager is responsible for ensuring Quality,
Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems, are being
implemented and maintained.
- Is responsible for continual improvement projects and reviewing
as they apply to the department.
- Responsible for all employment law functions with the support
of Corporate Legal, specific to federal and state employment
- Responsible for working safely, adhering to the facility's
environmental, health and safety policies and procedures and
continually monitoring the work environment to identify and
communicate to supervisor / manager current or potential
environmental, health or safety concerns.
- Recruits, interviews, and recommends employees to fill vacant
positions in the hourly and salaried workforce.
Responsible for wage, salary and benefits administration.
- Responsible for Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
- Responsible for employee relations and employee services.
- Coordinates All Employee Meetings, Bulletin Board notices and
other employee communications.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine
competitive wage rate.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation,
and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind
- Prepares monthly employment reports and recommends procedures
to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel related hearings and
- Works with employees and Supervisors to resolve personnel
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee
- Coordinates activities for employees, i.e. special luncheons
and award recognition's, picnic, service awards, etc.
- Other duties as assigned (both domestic and
- Attendance is required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in related field with a minimum of 5
years of related experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Human Resources with
demonstrated career growth.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility strongly
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information
with employees at all levels of the Company.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with strong analytical,
critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office
components with a focus on Excel.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , HR Manager, Executive , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!