Residential Therapist- NO WEEKENDS or HOLIDAYS
Company: Rogers Behavioral Health
Location: Iron Ridge
Posted on: February 9, 2024
$5,000.00 retention bonus available! (In-training licensure)
$10,000.00 retention bonus available! (Fully licensed)
The Therapist develops, coordinates, and facilitates all direct
social services to patients and their families assigned and
performs duties as directed by their manager. The Therapist will
work in an acute care setting that includes partial hospitalization
and intensive outpatient services.Job Duties &
Responsibilities:Provide social services to patients and their
- Provide therapeutic treatment services to the individual,
group, family and/or significant others.
- May provide individual treatment sessions with patients as
indicated per the program and patient needs.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed and assess for
- Interact with patients, family members, significant others and
referents with respect and dignity.
- Participate in psychoeducational support sessions with
- Provide case management and therapeutic interventions to all
- Serve as patient advocate when a patient has a grievance,
following the System policy and procedure.
- Adhere to materials provided to ensure clinical effectiveness
and consistency. Manage patient/family expectations related to
services provided. Initiate and maintain contact with referring
providers, school, if applicable, and care team for patients.
- Implement goals and interventions as specific on the Care Plan,
within the therapeutic component of the patient's program.
- Ensure goals are SMART (specific, measurable, attainable,
relevant, and timely).
- Ensure goals and interventions are patient specific and
individualized according to patient diagnoses.
- Document progress according to the treatment plan.Complete
discharge documentation as required and on time
- Document the initial discharge plan in the medical record.
- Document discharge summary. Identify patient's presenting
problem, progress, current status and treatment
- Contact outpatient provider(s), school and other stakeholders
to discuss aftercare to ensure proper handoff.
- Report and document suspected cases of physical, sexual abuse
and/or neglect according to the law in the state of employment and
according to System policy and procedure.
- Implement understanding of the System policies and
- Implement understanding of the Mandatory Reporting in the state
of employment.Provide for patient safety and the safety of the
- Intervene appropriately to maintain patient safety.
- Communicate any patient safety concerns to the treatment team
and document accordingly.
- Ensure patients are in appropriate areas at all times.
- Report any safety hazards promptly to the Director of
Operations and/or Operations Manager.
- Document safety incidents via the incident reporting
- Adhere to all System guidelines for safety.
- Follow emergency protocols.Additional Job
- Master's Degree in Social Work, or related field, from an
accredited school of Social Work Professional Counseling, or Family
Therapy with experience in health care and in a psychiatric
- In-training as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC-IT),
Marriage and Family Therapist Training License (MFT-TL), Social
Worker Training Certificate (SWTC), Advance Practice Social Work
(APSW) or equivalent in state practicing.
- A SAC-IT, SAC, or CSAC required in WI. A substance abuse
specialty authorization applicable to the state hired in is
- Working knowledge of therapeutic intervention and techniques
for all age groups, as well as the dynamics of human growth and
- Per program description, this job may include duties of
cognitive behavioral therapies in addition to social services.
- American Red Cross Professional Rescue is required within
thirty (30) days of date of hire. Bi-annual re-certification is
- Formal training in the management of the aggressive patient
(NCI) is required within sixty (60) days of date of hire. Annual
re-certification is required.
- Attend all mandatory in-services and other in-services relevant
to the position. Be responsible for all educational requirements
and related obligations pertaining to the license of the
program/unit license regulatory requirements governing the
program(s).The System also includes Rogers Behavioral Health
Foundation, which supports patient care, programs, and research;
and Rogers InHealth, an initiative that works to eliminate the
stigma of mental health challenges. EOE/MFDV
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action - Rogers
Behavioral Health (rogersbh.org) Click for more videos below.
Therapist day in the life: intensive outpatient Therapist day in
the life: residential adult program
Keywords: Rogers Behavioral Health, Fond du Lac , Residential Therapist- NO WEEKENDS or HOLIDAYS, Healthcare , Iron Ridge, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!