Behavioral Health Therapist
Company: Rogers Behavioral Health
Location: Saint Cloud
Posted on: February 9, 2024
*$2,000.00 Retention bonus available! (In-training
*$4,000.00 Retention bonus available! (Fully licensed)
The Therapist develops, coordinates, and facilitates all direct
social services to patients and their families assigned and
performs duties as directed by their manager. The Therapist will
work in an acute care setting that includes partial hospitalization
and intensive outpatient services.Job Duties & Responsibilities:Per
program description, this job may include duties of cognitive
behavioral therapies in addition to social services.Provide social
services to patients and their families/significant others
- Provide therapeutic treatment services to the individual,
group, family and/or significant others.
- May provide individual treatment sessions with patients as
indicated per the program and patient needs.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed and assess for
- Interact with patients, family members, significant others and
referents with respect and dignity.
- Participate in psychoeducational support sessions with
- Provide case management and therapeutic interventions to all
- Serve as patient advocate when a patient has a grievance,
following the System policy and procedure.
- Adhere to materials provided to ensure clinical effectiveness
and consistency. Manage patient/family expectations related to
services provided. Initiate and maintain contact with referring
providers, school, if applicable, and care team for patients.
- Implement goals and interventions as specific on the Care Plan,
within the therapeutic component of the patient's program.
- Ensure goals are SMART (specific, measurable, attainable,
relevant, and timely).
- Ensure goals and interventions are patient specific and
individualized according to patient diagnoses.
- Document progress according to the treatment plan.Complete all
documentation within required time
- Complete admissions documentation.
- Social Services Admission Assessment.
- Suicide Risk Assessment and collaboration with treatment team
according to identified guidelines.
- Complete a safety plan (at Provider discretion for patients age
12 and under).
- Initial treatment goals and interventions on the Care
- Obtain necessary consent for release of records to access
information that will assist in providing treatment or facilitating
discharge, including coordination with referents and other mental
health treatment providers.
- Complete ongoing treatment documentation, as required,
according to program guidelines.
- Write clear, concise, collaborative, and obtainable treatment
goals in the Treatment Plan.
- Document patient's treatment status in medical record
- Complete therapeutic documentation for group treatments
including a description of the group and information about the
patient's engagement and participation. Update the Care Plan goals
- Document contact notes for each conversation with outpatient
provider, school, or parent.
- Summarize the patient's progress and decision making from
multidisciplinary team meetings in the master treatment plan each
time the patient is officially staffed.
- For Inpatient and Residential only: Assist with coordinator of
treatment director's hold as needed and according to program policy
- Communicate the process to the team members.
- Document the necessary information in a thorough, detailed, and
- Assist the physician with the necessary documentation.Complete
discharge documentation as required and on time
- Document the initial discharge plan in the medical record.
- Document discharge summary. Identify patient's presenting
problem, progress, current status and treatment
- Contact outpatient provider(s), school and other stakeholders
to discuss aftercare to ensure proper handoff.
- Report and document suspected cases of physical, sexual abuse
and/or neglect according to the law in the state of employment and
according to System policy and procedure.
- Implement understanding of the System policies and
- Implement understanding of the Mandatory Reporting in the state
of employment.Provide leadership and guidance in the implementation
of clinical interventions
- Evaluate the outcome of interdisciplinary interventions and
modify the Care Plan accordingly.
- Assist with the development and evaluation of treatment
- Participate and/or facilitate interdisciplinary staffing for
treatment planning, updating and progress review.Communicate
professionally and accurately
- Refer to and work with other departments and agencies as needed
and according to Social Services policies.
- Report pertinent data to the attending provider and others on
the treatment team, verbally or in writing as necessary, and use
discernment in situations requiring immediate attention versus
- Communicate immediately difficult problems with referents,
patients, family members/significant others and co-workers.
- Ask for supervision to assist with problem resolution, when
- Attend and participate in all department meetings and provide
feedback concerning departmental or clinical issues.Demonstrate
strong interdisciplinary approach, facilitating effective
- Display a positive attitude and participate as a team
- Communicate in a respectful and assertive manner to treatment
team members and other System personnel.
- Follow through with program philosophy.Conduct self in a
- Demonstrate organizational skills that promote timely
- Communicate with all individuals in a positive and professional
- Identify concerns and provide input for resolution.
- Use solutions focused mindset in situations, and resolve
individual issues with peers in a positive, calm manner.
- Promote positive team-oriented approach to patient care.
Maintain a supportive and collaborative environment with all
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude toward parties
outside the facility (patients, families, visitors, vendors,
- Use courteous, cooperative, and respectful behavior when
working with patients, families, physicians, visitors, and
- Display leadership and positive role-modeling.
- Project a professional image in attire, grooming, and
- Display professionalism in all aspects of the position.
- Arrive on time, prepared for work responsibilities.
- Adhere to Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct, maintain
confidentiality, and abide by professional license code of
ethics.Support changes in staffing/scheduling when program and
patient care needs require
- Accept reassignment in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate willingness to adjust work schedule to meet patient
and program needs.
- Recognize need for support, seek appropriate assistance when
needed, and continually remain alert to peers who need assistance,
and offer assistance when needed.
- Apply good practice principles to job duties.
- Complete orientation, annual competencies, educational
requirements, and required training relevant to the position.
- Provide appropriate, timely documentation in the patient
medical record. Attend and participate in staff meetings, group and
individual supervision meetings, and in-services relevant to
- Participate in projects, tasks, and opportunities to improve
skills and expand competency.
- Comply with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all established standards of practice.
- Participate in on-call phone rotation if applicable.
- Demonstrate acceptance and training of students/interns in the
department as requested.
- Promote Mission and goals of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Participate in site committees
- Be punctual and prepared.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and good
- Actively participate in discussions, recognize, and contribute
to activities leading to improvement.Rogers Operating System (ROS)
- Gain understanding of the ROS and MDI process.
- Participate in the ROS program on an ongoing basis.
- Create and apply ROS projects that lead to improvement.
- Apply the ROS model to your department's activities.
- Demonstrate measurable goals and achievement.
- Participate in daily huddles with team(s) assigned.
- Demonstrate understanding of Joint Commission, State, and other
regulatory agency compliance regulations.
- Be knowledgeable in the application of standards relevant to
outpatient behavioral health program.
- Increase knowledge and awareness of regulations and involve
self in educating others.Provide for patient safety and the safety
of the facility
- Intervene appropriately to maintain patient safety.
- Communicate any patient safety concerns to the treatment team
and document accordingly.
- Ensure patients are in appropriate areas at all times.
- Report any safety hazards promptly to the Director of
Operations and/or Operations Manager.
- Document safety incidents via the incident reporting
- Adhere to all System guidelines for safety.
- Follow emergency protocols.Additional Job
- Master's Degree in Social Work, or related field, from an
accredited school of Social Work Professional Counseling, or Family
Therapy with experience in health care and in a psychiatric
- In-training as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC-IT),
Marriage and Family Therapist Training License (MFT-TL), Social
Worker Training Certificate (SWTC), Advance Practice Social Work
(APSW) or equivalent in state practicing.
- A SAC-IT, SAC, or CSAC required in WI. A substance abuse
specialty authorization applicable to the state hired in is
- Working knowledge of therapeutic intervention and techniques
for all age groups, as well as the dynamics of human growth and
- Per program description, this job may include duties of
cognitive behavioral therapies in addition to social services.
- American Red Cross Professional Rescue is required within
thirty (30) days of date of hire. Bi-annual re-certification is
- Formal training in the management of the aggressive patient
(NCI) is required within sixty (60) days of date of hire. Annual
re-certification is required.
- Attend all mandatory in-services and other in-services relevant
to the position. Be responsible for all educational requirements
and related obligations pertaining to the license of the
program/unit license regulatory requirements governing the
program(s).The System also includes Rogers Behavioral Health
Foundation, which supports patient care, programs, and research;
and Rogers InHealth, an initiative that works to eliminate the
stigma of mental health challenges. style="text-align:inherit">
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action - Rogers
Behavioral Health (rogersbh.org)Click for more videos
below.Therapist day in the life: intensive outpatient -Therapist
day in the life: residential adult program -
Keywords: Rogers Behavioral Health, Fond du Lac , Behavioral Health Therapist, Healthcare , Saint Cloud, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!