Certified Nursing Assistant - St. Francis Home
Company: Dean Health
Location: Fond Du Lac
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and
reassessment at specific times for patient population. Documents
and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and
validation of patient's response to care or treatment and when
significant change occurs in the patient's condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information
via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient
condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant
other educational needs.
- Answers patients' calls for help, takes their vital signs, and
monitors their behavior and physical condition for progress or
deterioration. Assists with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care,
personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds.
Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning,
cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological
specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of fluids.
Competent in use of lifts, tubs, scales and other equipment as
needed. Employees younger than 18 years old may not operate a lift
without assistance from a coworker at least 18 years old.
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon
dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and supplies
economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as
recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common
mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an approved nurse aide training program and
passing grade on state of work location required exam.
Eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus!
This position is part-time working a .5 FTE (20 hours per week)
on the night shift!
Great benefits and shift differential eligible!
Assists in performing a variety of nursing care services for
patients in a long term care setting.
Keywords: Dean Health, Fond du Lac , Certified Nursing Assistant - St. Francis Home, Other , Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!