Company: SSM Health
Location: Fond du Lac
Posted on: July 19, 2021
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence
begins with compassionate employees like you.
At SSM St. Agnes Hospital, we have an RN-Lactation
Consultant opening on our Women/Infants Unit. This
position is scheduled for 0 hours per
week as a PRN/Per Diem
Our Registered Nurses come from a diverse set of
backgrounds, making SSM Health a great place both to share your own
knowledge and, more broadly, to learn from your
In return, you can expect a work environment
- Employees feel valued, respected and free to express
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills
and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, while
management is supportive.
If you listen and respond with great
Then we’d love to learn more! Please
fill out your application today.
Provides lactation care and instruction to breastfeeding mothers
and infants. Serves as a lactation-related clinical resource,
educator, and mentor.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patients'
lactation goals and issues. Instructs and demonstrates proper
techniques and promotes the importance of breastfeeding.
- Identifies the need for standard patient teaching plans and
assists with their development.
- Acts as a liaison to staff and physicians when addressing needs
associated with breastfeeding.
- Contributes to the development of data tools to monitor and
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to
the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients
and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Three years' registered nurse experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Fond du Lac , RN-Lactation Consultant, Other , Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!