Company: SSM Health
Location: Fond du Lac
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Serves as the number two chef in the department. Accurately and
efficiently prepares, portions, cooks and presents nourishing food
to patients, guests and employees under sanitary conditions as
directed and in accordance with established policies and
- Prepares and cooks food in accordance with current applicable
federal, state and HACCP guidelines and regulations to ensure the
highest quality food.
- Prepares foods by following recipes and/or production standards
for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving
soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foods.
- Performs quality assurance tasks such as routine temperature
checks for final cook temperature and holding. Responds to quality
assurance concerns and documents for future reference.
- Maintains a sanitary work environment through following
established procedures. Ensures all equipment is maintained and in
good working order.
- Stores or disposes of food remaining after each meal service
following safe food storage and labeling procedures. Maintains
cleanliness and orderliness of the coolers, freezers and
- Maintains accurate records (e.g. production, waste, food
temperatures, and thermometer calibration, etc..) as outlined in
the corporate policies and procedures.
- Consults the clinical dietitian on modified diets or patient
special requests as necessary.
- Serves as a leader in the kitchen, training new cooks, holding
production team accountable.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent use of smell and taste to distinguish differences or
similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, or
recognizing particular flavors and/or odors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting,
squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Fond du Lac , Sous Chef, Other , Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!