Company: SSM Health
Location: Fond du Lac
Posted on: September 13, 2021
St. Agnes Hospital has a full time opening for an experienced,
high-volume line cook to join our team. This position’s schedule is
made up of 36 hours per week, mid shifts from 9:30-6:00 and/or
11:30-8:00 and includes every other weekend and a holiday rotation.
We offer very competitive wages and a full benefit
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate employees like you. Our Mission and Values put the
patient first and place you in a position to improve each day. Our
cooks are as important as any other function in the healthcare
delivery system. If you have a passion for food and are looking for
a great way to enter the industry, a hospital food service cook may
be the right choice to set you on your career path.
If you take pride in your work, attend to each detail with great
care, and like to work in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to
learn more about you!
Please fill out your application today.
Prepares and presents nourishing food to patients, guests and
employees under sanitary conditions as directed and in accordance
with established policies and procedures. May prepare baked goods
according to recipes and production standards.
- Prepares foods by following recipes and/or production standards
for preparing, seasoning, cooking, baking, tasting, carving, and
serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foods. Follows
recipes and product directions to prepare items such as breads,
rolls, cakes, muffins, biscuits. Ensures all food is prepared in
accordance with current applicable federal, state and HACCP
guidelines and regulations to ensure the highest quality food.
- Performs quality assurance tasks such as routine temperature
checks for final cook temperature and holding. Responds to quality
assurance concerns and documents for future reference.
- Maintains a sanitary work environment through following
established procedures. Ensures all equipment is maintained and in
good working order.
- Stores or disposes of food remaining after each meal service
following safe food storage and labeling procedures. Maintains
cleanliness and orderliness of the coolers, freezers and
- Maintains accurate records (e.g. production, waste, food
temperatures, and thermometer calibration, etc..) as outlined in
the corporate policies and procedures.
- Consults with the clinical dietitian on modified diets or
patient special requests as necessary.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent use of smell and taste to distinguish differences or
similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, or
recognizing particular flavors and/or odors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting,
squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Fond du Lac , Cook, Other , Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!