Lab Support Technician Lead
Company: SSM Health
Location: Fond du Lac
Posted on: October 11, 2021
This is a position that requires prior experience in a
phlebotomy setting, hospital-based preferred. Mainly
day shift, but will also have to know all aspects of Phlebotomy
(early morning). As Lead Technician, this team
member will assist with training of new employees; will need to
learn the nursing homes, outpatient lab, and Inpatient
settings. PBT certification required within 12 months of
hire. Informal leader who will act in place of Supervisor,
when not present. Will be assigned special projects and have
some administrative office time which would occur after a
shift. Qualified candidate needs to be very positive, have a
good attitude and be able to be a good example to the
Agnesian HealthCare, a member of SSM Health.
Under direct supervision, supervises assignments within the
laboratory and acts as a resource to Laboratory Support
- Schedules, plans, delegates and supervises assignments.
Provides feedback during performance review process.
- Ensures daily workflow is completed following established
- Assists leadership on projects of medium complexity and
- May orient new staff.
- Assists customers including answering phones and responding to
- Assists laboratory staff in the daily operation of the lab by
collecting, labeling, processing and preserving blood, urine and
other specimens according to established laboratory
- Enters, accesses and executes lab orders in the appropriate
laboratory and electronic medical record system.
- Assists pre-analytical laboratory staff with competency
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and work area.
- May update statistical records, labels tubes, and schedules
- May perform phlebotomy and/or waived testing.
- Identifies patients using two identifiers.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties
including admission activities, insurance verification, order entry
processing and medical record processing.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of
experience and education
- Two years' experience as a Lab Support Technician
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Fond du Lac , Lab Support Technician Lead, Other , Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!