Non-Certified Laboratory Tech
Company: SSM Health
Location: Fond du Lac
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Supervisor or
Manager, Non-Certified Lab Technicians perform routine and complex
technical laboratory analyses in a dedicated laboratory department
(Microbiology, Chemistry, or Molecular) using established
procedures and protocols. Performs chemical, microscopic, and
bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and
treatment of patients. Must have applicable training if working
across multiple interdependent departments in the laboratory.
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood
tests to more complex tests.
- Assesses specimens for correct handling and quality.
- Confirms the accuracy of test results and reports findings to
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Performs periodic maintenance and assists with the calibration
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Maintains competencies and continuing education to keep
informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Physical, or Biological
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Fond du Lac , Non-Certified Laboratory Tech, Other , Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!