VSI Utility Worker
Posted on: September 19, 2023
SUMMARY: Assist production staff by keeping the facilities
machinery / equipment and production areas in a clean and orderly
condition by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses
preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and
Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or
ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe
environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency
situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and
safety policies that are identified by our management systems.
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop floors in the general production areas.
Sweeps the main aisles of the entire plant with the in-plant
sweeper, clean and scrub main aisles.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from
- Paints machines or equipment to prevent corrosion and improve
appearance. Cleans production equipment thoroughly as part of the
process of general maintenance and as equipment is down for
- Cleans interior walls of plant facility and repairs or paints
walls, trim and floors.
- Assist production with processing parts including but not
limited to installing clips, Cryo Temper and packing parts.
- Assists with other light maintenance projects as directed.
- Read special instructions as required. Records information
using various form, logs and computer system.
- Maintains work areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Work schedule may vary due to availability of production
equipment; overtime is required as posted weekly and may be
mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, opera
ting and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability
to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES;
Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work
independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have
above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representatives of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee
frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk
and hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near
moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles.Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe
shoes are required.
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , VSI Utility Worker, Other , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!