VSI Grinder I
Posted on: September 19, 2023
SUMMARY: Setups and operates valve seat insert side and centerless
grinders, vibros and cob dryers. Performs visual and dimensional
inspection at the grinding operation and utilizes any other
measuring equipment as needed, by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses
preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and
Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury to
themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe
environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency
situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and
safety policies that are identified by our Management Systems.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product
specifications such as dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts
to be processed and when. Read special instructions as required.
Records information for inspection and production using various
forms, logs and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not
limited to the following types of inspection equipment, air gages,
gage height, refractometer, micrometer, surface finish testers,
digital indicators, scales, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper
settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure
settings, air settings, switches, valve adjustments, feeds and
speeds are in conformance to specification by using established
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product.
Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in
determining cause of failure.
- Ability to start, shut down, setup and operate side and
centerless grinders, vibro, and cob dryers.
- Ability to multitask to setup and operate Side grinder and
Centerless grinder at the same time.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads
various types of containers, which in include but are not limited
to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Ability to drive forklifts and achieves certification to drive
forklift if required.
- Monitors and sets up equipment daily.
- Changes worn grinding wheels, mounts wheel on spindle, adjust
blade height and angles as required, and dresses grinding wheels to
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow all safety rules and
regulation while perform operations.
- Troubleshoots and performs TPM's of the equipment by
observation and general cleaning.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
- Must complete the training, written and practical assessment as
level 1 before moving into a level 2 position.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of metric
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES;
Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work
independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have
above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee
frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk
and hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near
moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or
airborne particles. Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel
toe shoes are required.
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , VSI Grinder I, Other , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!