AM Weekend Machinist I
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Shift: AM Weekend 7AM-7PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Level 1
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses
preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and
Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or
ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe
environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency
situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and
safety policies that are identified by our management systems
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product
specifications such as dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts
to be processed and when. Read special instructions as required.
Records information for inspection and production using various
forms, logs and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not
limited to the following types of inspection equipment: micrometer,
digital indicators, scales, contracer, Oasis, Tesa. Surface finish
tester, pin gages, air od/id gages, optical comparators, and visual
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper
settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure
settings, air settings railsetting, probe settings, switches,
control of pneumatic valve adjustments, feeds and speeds are in
conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product.
Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in
determining cause of failure.
- Ability to start, shut down and operate VSI lathes, VG lathes,
gundrills, and hydromats.
- Makes adjustments as needed including the changing of inserts
on the lathes and hydromats.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads
various types of containers, which in include but are not limited
to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Proper use of tools and tooling storage systems which includes
tool boards, tooling cabinets, and proper reporting when obtaining
items from stockroom. Pre-setting tooling to reduce set up
- Ability to reads, interprets, and follows all safety rules and
regulation while perform operations.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
- Must complete the Level 1 training, written and practical
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of metric
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES;
Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work
independently yet be an effective team player. Operator must have
above average mechanical ability. Operator must maintain
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee
frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or
hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near
moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or
Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes are
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , AM Weekend Machinist I, Other , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!