Valve Guide Restrike Setup and Operator
Posted on: September 19, 2023
SUMMARY: Setup and operates all valve guide restrike presses, steam
treaters and oil impregnators. Performs visual inspection at the
compacting, sintering, steam treat, oil impregnate and restrike
operations by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses
preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and
Federal Mogul standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or
ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe
environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency
situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and
safety policies that are identified by the Management Systems.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product
specifications such as dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts
to be processed and when. Read special instructions as required.
Records information for inspection and production using various
forms, logs and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not
limited to the following types of inspection equipment, micrometer,
digital indicators, scales, hardness tester, optical comparators,
plug gages, air gages, bore gages and visual aids.
- Monitors and operates the restrike, steam treat and oil
impregnator equipment daily. Performs visual inspection of the
compacting, sintering, steam treat, oil impregnate, and restrike
- Verifies and setups equipment including but not limited to
proper press settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times,
pressure settings and other controls are in conformance to
specification by using established standards.
- Ability to setup, start, shut down, monitor and operate all
types of Valve Guide restrike presses. Install and remove tooling
from restrike presses.
- Completes first piece inspection and monitors press to assure
conformance prior to release to restrike operators.
- Makes adjustments to the restrike press.
- Loads, unloads and operate steam treaters and oil impregnators.
- Setup and monitors automation and conveyors. Operates overhead
hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of
containers, which in include but are not limited to pans, bins,
baskets and trays.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product.
Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in
determining cause of failure.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow all safety rules and
regulation while performing operations.
- Troubleshoots and performs appropriate maintenance of the
equipment by observation and general cleaning.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of metric
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES;
Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work
independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have
above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee
frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or
hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near
moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or
Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes are
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , Valve Guide Restrike Setup and Operator, Other , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!