VG Setup/Operate I
Posted on: November 19, 2023
SUMMARY: Setup, operates and adjust valve guide compacting
presses and furnace. Performs visual and dimensional inspection at
the compacting, and sintering operations by performing the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- `Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses
preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and
Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or
ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe
environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency
situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and
safety policies that are identified by our management systems.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product
specifications such as: dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts
to be processed and when and where. Read special instructions as
required. Records information for inspection and production using
various forms, logs, and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not
limited to the following types of inspection equipment: micrometer,
digital indicators, scales, hardness tester, optical comparators,
digital controllers, flow gages, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper press
settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure
settings and other controls are in conformance to specification by
using established standards.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product.
Analyses and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in
determining cause of failure.
- Ability to setup, start, shut down, monitor and operate all
types of Valve Guide compacting presses.
- Install and remove tooling from compacting presses.
- Makes adjustments to the cams, fill, ram, underfill, stops and
core rod, adjust presses for optimum production of parts to meet
customer specification and to assure capability of press.
- Completes first piece inspection and monitors press to assure
conformance prior to releasing press to production.
- Assures furnace settings are correct.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads
various types of containers, which in include but are not limited
to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Assist operators in making adjustments as required.
- Make adjustments to automation equipment as required.
- Distributes powder into proper powder hoppers and to the proper
- Monitor the appropriate furnace temperatures, atmosphere and
belt speed in relationship for the sintering process of parts.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow all safety rules and
regulations while performing operations.
- Troubleshoots and performs appropriate maintenance of the
equipment by observation and general cleaning. Constantly be alert
of problems that need to be addressed regarding equipment, tooling
and quality of production
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of the metric
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES;
Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work
independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have
above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee
frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and
hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near
moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or
Safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required, hearing protection
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , VG Setup/Operate I, Other , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!