VSI Line Op I
Posted on: November 19, 2023
SUMMARY: Operates and adjust valve seat insert compacting presses,
and furnace. Assist with the operation of valve seat insert steam
and temper furnaces, cryo units and oil impregnation units.
Performs visual and dimensional inspection at the compacting,
sintering and steam / temper operations by performing the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses
preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and
Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or
ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe
environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency
situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and
safety Management Systems.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product
specifications such as: dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts
to be processed and when.
- Read special instructions as required.
- Records information for inspection and production using various
form, logs, and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not
limited to the following types of inspection equipment: micrometer,
digital indicators, scales, hardness tester, optical comparators,
digital controllers, flow gages, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper press
settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure
settings and other controls are in conformance to specification by
using established standards.
- Ability to start shut down, monitor and operate compacting
- Makes adjustments to the press for weight and OAL.
- Loads, unloads and operate furnaces, monitors automation in
front and back of furnaces.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads
various types of containers, which in include but are not limited
to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product.
Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in
determining cause of failure.
- Distributes powder into proper powder hoppers and to the proper
- Monitors the appropriate furnace temperatures, atmosphere and
belt speed in relationship for the sintering process of parts.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follows all safety rules and
regulation while perform operations.
- Performs appropriate TPM's of the equipment and general
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
Minimum or one year related experience and/or training: or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of the metric
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES;
Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work
independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have
above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee
frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and
hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to extreme heat. The employee must works near moving
mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
Safety glasses, steel toe shoes and hearing protection are
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , VSI Line Op I, Other , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!