VSI Line Operator I
Posted on: November 19, 2023
SUMMARY: Operates and adjust valve seat insert compacting presses,
and furnace. Assist with the operation of valve seat insert steam
and temper furnaces, cryo units and oil impregnation units.
Performs visual and dimensional inspection at the compacting,
sintering and steam / temper operations by performing the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses
preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and
Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or
ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe
environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency
situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product
specifications such as: dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts
to be processed and when.
- Records information for inspection and production using various
form, logs, and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not
limited to the following types of inspection equipment: micrometer,
digital indicators, scales, hardness tester, optical comparators,
digital controllers, flow gages, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper press
settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure
settings and other controls are in conformance to specification by
using established standards.
- Ability to start shut down, monitor and operate compacting
- Makes adjustments to the press for weight and OAL.
- Loads, unloads and operate furnaces, monitors automation in
front and back of furnaces.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads
various types of containers, which in include but are not limited
to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product.
Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in
determining cause of failure.
- Distributes powder into proper powder hoppers and to the proper
- Monitors the appropriate furnace temperatures, atmosphere and
belt speed in relationship for the sintering process of parts.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follows all safety rules and
regulation while perform operations.
- Performs appropriate TPM's of the equipment and general
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , VSI Line Operator I, Other , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!