Posted on: November 19, 2023
SUMMARY: Loads, unloads raw materials and additives and operates
blenders for in-house materials to produce Valve Guides and Valve
Seat Inserts by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses
preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and
Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or
ill health to themselves and others.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow all safety rules and
regulations while performing operations.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe
environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency
situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and
safety policies that are identified by our Management Systems.
- Reads routers, blend authorization sheets, SAP and production
schedules for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerance
and number of blends to be processed and when. Read special
instructions as required. Records information for inspection and
production using various form, logs and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not
limited to the following types of inspection equipment, digital
stopwatch, scales, Hall and Carney flow meter, carbon analyzer and
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper
settings, and speeds, cycle times, and other controls are in
conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Ability to start, shut down, load, unload and operate blenders
in either VSI or VG.
- Operates overhead hoists, forklifts and hand jacks. Loads and
unloads various types of containers, which in include but are not
limited to nylon powder bags, barrels, bins and bulk packs. Loads
ands unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and
- Blends appropriate materials using the correct additives and
the proper amounts, for the designated time. Performs the
inspection of materials, and record results in computer and / or
related forms. Labels material and containers with the proper
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to
destination. Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist,
operates industrial forklift and or electric hoist in loading or
moving materials and products.
- Troubleshoots and performs TPM of the equipment by observation
and general cleaning.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly, and may be mandated for
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
- Requires sign off of blend sheet weights by qualified
- Must complete the training, written and practical assessment as
level 1 before moving into a level 2 position.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product.
Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in
determining cause of failure.
- Certified Blender-12 continuous months of no blending/quality
issues will remove the requirement of needing sign off by qualified
- Performs all required SAP transactions
- Meets requirements to be able to blend both VG and VSI
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general
education degree (GED) is required. Minimum of one year related
experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of metric
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Operator must be highly motivated with
ability to work independently, yet be an effective team player.
Operator must have above average mechanical ability. Operator must
obtain forklift license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee
frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk
and hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to
extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving
mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes are
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.An Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , Powder Blender, Other , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!