Saddle Stitch Operator
Posted on: February 7, 2024
As a global marketing experience company, Quad's goal is to help
our clients win every day. We use our data-driven integrated
marketing and manufacturing platform to streamline solutions for
our clients, reduce friction and enhance their marketing spend
effectiveness. We've built a rich legacy by believing in our
people, allowing them to act like owners and to take charge of
their own success. Whether an operator, sales rep, a graphic artist
or a clinician, we're all driven to perform at our best- for
ourselves and our clients. At our core, we're a company that
believes we can always create a better way.
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a
difference - Imagine more than you have today. - Your career starts
here. - Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards
of your success and growth. -We are in the business of developing
people. - Promotions are based on your performance - You are in
charge of your career! -
At Quad, the wage range for a Saddle Stitch -Operator is between
$19.25 - $24.25 / hr. depending on experience. -You have immediate
opportunities to advance - driving you to be better than yesterday.
- -As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths
available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of
leaders to excel within the organization.
One of Quad's largest mega plants is located in Hartford, which is
ranked as one of the safest and fastest-growing WI cities and one
of the safest communities for raising kids. -At over 1.6 million
square feet in size, the Hartford plant is CLIMATE CONTROLLED and
home to cutting-edge equipment and technology. -Our employees and
their families have access to an onsite medical clinic, and fitness
center, as well as many recreational outdoor activities like disc
golf, sand volleyball, and horseshoes which are free for employees
and their families to enjoy. We offer competitive pay, health,
dental, pharmacy, and life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other
great benefits, including a compressed work schedule where you work
half of the year!
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, that is among the largest
magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages
its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust
integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and
content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their
marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease
(COVID-19) and -implementing processes that promote the safety of
our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. - We follow
CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments
along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. - BE SOMETHING GREATER. - BE QUAD.
Quad is seeking Saddle Stitch Operators for the Hartford, Wisconsin
plant. - Experience with Muller Martini 12-40 pocket machines or
Goss 855s with 40 pocket capabilities is highly desirable. - - Will
consider candidates that have run other types of Saddle Stitch
equipment as well.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate machine effectively and safely according to standards
to ensure a quality -product.
- Perform and document preventative and routine maintenance as
needed or -assigned.
- Make ready the stacker, tiers, mail head, and mail
- Make ready and run all aspects of the saddle stitcher (pockets,
gatherer, stitcher heads, in feed, trimmer, mail table, and mail
- Make-ready and run demographic and inkjet.
- Fill in for other master operators when needed.
- Assist other master operators with start-ups as much as
possible when their line is -down.
- Support material handlers during continuous and self-supported
running (including mail-sacking, skid stacking, pocket filling,
cover filling, etc.) and give work. direction during downtime and
- Read and understand binding instructions, mailing instructions,
and support the BCS system.
- Ensure proper functioning of safety devices (i.e. guards, stop
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform additional tasks as needed or -assigned. -
- Demonstrated skill in mechanics/mechanical -aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret binding/mailing instructions and
- Knowledge of department safety practices.
- Good understanding of all Bindery
- Good understanding of the co-palletization process,
demographics, and selective binding processes.
- Good understanding of primary causes and remedies for various
- Ability to recognize, identify, analyze, and communicate
problem situations and/or -factors.
- Basic computer skills including a good understanding of the BCS
- Willingness to move to other machines.
- Willingness to work overtime on unscheduled days.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written.
- Ability to work easily and productively with others and with
- You will work a compressed 3 and 4-day work week geared toward
balancing work and family life (12-hour shift (either 7 a.m. - 7
p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including weekends, and holidays).
- Essential functions of this job include the following: the
ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift to
70 pounds occasionally, stand for long hours, use hands and wrists
continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow
instructions and use vision to identify defects.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including
401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values
diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a
space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to
exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any
unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin,
disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad
also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any
of these protected categories.
Keywords: Quad, Fond du Lac , Saddle Stitch Operator, Other , Horicon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!