Machine Line Operator
Posted on: February 12, 2024
SUMMARY: Operates valve guide/seat machining centers. Performs
visual and dimensional inspection at machining, by performing the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses
preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and
Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or
ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe
environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency
situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and
safety policies that are identified by our management systems.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product
specifications such as: dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts
to be processed and when. Read special instructions as required.
Records information for inspection and production using various
forms, logs, and computer systems.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper machine
settings, technacheck, feeds and speeds, filter gages, cycle times,
accumulator/hydraulic pressure settings and other controls are in
conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Ability to start/shut down, monitor and operate Machining
- Loads, unloads part in machining centers. Operates overhead
hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of
containers, which include but are not limited to pans, bins,
baskets and trays. Moves shaving bins to and operates Praab chip
- Distributes parts into proper machines and follows 1st in 1st
- Check and fills coolants and oils according to TPM lists.
Proper disposal of dirty filters.
- Perform data entry, such as, OAE, calculating downtime,
entering scrap reports, maintenance work orders, lot modifications
and production order 1st pieces.
- Ability to use SPC software program that utilizes statistical
data to determine conforming product. Analyses and monitors scrap
and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of
- Ability to read, interpret, and follows all safety rules and
regulation while perform operations.
- Complete assigned 5S responsibilities and general
- Troubleshoots and performs appropriate maintenance of the
equipment by observation and general cleaning.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly, and may be mandated for
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of the metric
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES;
Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work
independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have
above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee
frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and
hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near
moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or
Safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required, hearing protection
Keywords: Tenneco, Fond du Lac , Machine Line Operator, Other , Waupun, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!